Saturday, February 1, 2014

Music 1

Party Poison by My Chemical Romance
"It makes you feel like your on top of the world and that everyone else are against us so we need to burn their evil nations to the ground." -Me
"It makes me want to go out in bright red lipstick and high heeled leather boots and a leather jacket and burn shit down" -Mimi
The War Against Ourselves by Sew Intricate and Joel Faviere
First off I want to make it clear that I believe Sew Intricate and Joel Faviere is the same guy, just with a band.
This song is about suicide and self harm awareness. Now this is a sensitive subject right now because I understand self harm and I try to help people cope with it. I'm even dealing with it myself.
This song ends with the lyrics; "Listen to me scream and shout, but do not say a word"
The meaning of this lyric is know what I'm doing to myself but don't get me in trouble, because I know it's wrong. The chorus's lyrics are really strong and give out a lot of emotion "All these scars, from the war against myself, I'm a walking hell" it's tragic really, it shows and tells so much emotion. This whole song truthfully could be broken down and explained, but I have a long list so I'm going to move on for now.
Little Lion Man by Tonight Alive
"But it was not your fault but mine, and it was your heart on the line, I really fucked it up this time, Didn't I my dear?" These lyrics are so powerful. It was blaming something on herself. It reminds me of a mistake I made three years ago, with a guy. I feel guilt, love, pain, and forgiveness, I wish I could fix it but I can't.
King For A Day by Pierce the Veil
"I take a look up at the sky and I see red, red for the cancer, red for the wealthy, red for the drink that's mixed with suicide, everything red" that makes me think of how much red has been spilled in this world. "Red for the cancer" meaning so many people die from cancer, "red for the wealthy" destroying our economy and killing people who starve to death everyday, "red for the drink that's mixed with suicide" the suicide caused by bullying, by putting pain on another. "Everything red" meaning the world is red, so much red has covered this place that there is no way to clean it, the world is stained red.
Vices by Memphis May Fire
"I've been thinking this could be the end of me, who is this person in the mirror I see? I have come so far, thought I was so strong, the truth is I've just fed myself a lie for too long. I never thought this would be me, but now I'm on the verge of self destruction, how could this happen to me?" Three words describe this: Suicide, self harm. Self destruction being self harm, the end of me being suicide.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It holds so much meaning, so many people out in the world today don't pause and smell the roses anymore, listen to the lyrics, the pain, the truth, the lies, the freedom in music, in writing, in being human. Take a lyric from eight of your favorite songs, I dare you, figure out what they mean to you. If you can find a meaning. Most people nowadays are more interested in the sounds, that's okay, but the lyrics are the telling of someones story.

No comments:

Post a Comment